MES/200-F - Our system for mobile meter reading
The liberalization of energy markets requires an optimization of the meter data reading processes. Beside the Automated Meter Reading (AMR), the mobile meter reading via HHUs (Hand Held Units) and the corresponding processes become more and more important.
The possibility to use the latest, standardized mobile device technology (handheld, PDA) with up-to-date communication possibilities opens new fields of application.
Fields of application
The environment of meter technology already offers a large number of appropriate commercial and technical fields of application for mobile meter reading:
- manual reading of residential customers
- automatic reading of industrial customers
- spontaneaous reading / cyclic reading
- reading of meters for all types of energy within one meter reading route
- "emergency reading" of meter, where remote meter reading is faulty
- mounting, dismantling, change of meters
- processing of orders for blocking meters
- collection of technical system data
- parameterization / setup of meters or communication units (modems)
Because of our longtime experience in the field of mobile meter reading we can offer our customers, for this field of application, a modern solution which meets the requirements. So the mobile meter reading system becomes more and more a workforce-management system.
The core components of our MES-F system consists of a central PC program for management order and reading data and the mobile handheld program for processing the tasks on-site. Because of the separation of the tasks the integration into already existing workflows can be done easily.
A large number of ready-to-use interfaces are available for connecting external systems (billing, order management etc.). The meter reader is guided by the route. The meter reading on-site can be done manually or automatically via interface adaptors. The read data are checked automatically on plausibility and can be saved together with additional data from the meter reader.
ITF-EDV Fröschl systems for mobile meter reading have been used with success by numerous customers for more than 10 years now. The new MES-F system is the consistent further development of our successful, proven and tested system solution.
MES offers a large range of new possibilities and system advantages:
- usage of the latest, efficient handhelds based on standardized operating systems
Pocket PC 2002, Windows Mobile 2003, CE.NET
- up-to-date communication between PC and handheld
remote data transmission, FTP, WLAN, Ethernet / TCP/IP
- automated reading using proven and tested ZFA-F device drivers
on-site reading of load profiles, messages, usage of alternative reading protocols
- integration possibility - one platform for ZFA-F and MES-F
use of efficient, proven and tested ZFA-F basis functions, use as "emergency reading system" for ZFA-F
- stand-alone or multi-user systems with databases from Sybase, MS SQL Server or Oracle
Note: Get AdobeAcrobat Reader for free.